Category: Community

As A Marine, I Don’t Support People Having Assault Rifles

I’m a  proud Marine Corps veteran and I’ve been deployed to several continents on our planet. In Boot Camp, I was trained to shoot, clean, eat, sleep, and stick with my M-16 A2 Assault Rifle, no matter what. My rifle had a name, Gizmo, (ask my wife) and we traveled the world together.   But once I left the Marines,…

A 17 Minute Walkout To Raise Awareness!

This Wednesday, March 14, marks one month since the horrific events at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Students throughout the nation have worked together to plan a nationwide school walkout to voice their concerns about the conditions that allowed this tragedy to happen and as an opportunity to memorialize those who were killed or injured. I’ve been…

What’s more important, the lives of our youth or the right to carry guns?

In a Twitter conversation recently, I whole-heartedly stated, “If it meant that children’s lives were saved, I would gladly give up my Concealed Pistol License, or CPL. I would at the drop of a hat turn in my guns and ammunition, and never carry another firearm if I knew it would save lives of children who are being targeted by…

I Believe We Should Put More Pencils in the Classroom. Not Pistols.

Once again, I’ve had to spend a lot of time explaining our nation’s mass shooting epidemic to my 19 and 15 year-old children. I worry about their college campus being shot up. And after the Parkland shooting in Florida, my 15-year-old daughter is worried that nothing is being done to make her generation’s classrooms safer.   President Trump has suggested…

%d bloggers like this: