Secretary DeVos met with superintendents in Grand Rapids, Michigan last week. It was said that several school leaders from across the state attended but names were not shared with media.
“Here are the topics that were discussed, according to the release put out by DeVos’ office:
- Recruiting, honoring and retaining effective teachers.
- Giving teachers professional development and skills that aren’t taught in many higher education institutions.
- Addressing regulatory burdens that limit flexibility for local educators and pull school leaders out of the classroom.
- Implementing personalized learning solutions that are designed to better meet the needs of students.
- Providing services students need to grow and thrive in and out of school.”
Read more on what Lori Higgins shared and tell us your thoughts.